Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Day 30: Fort Qu-Appelle 0km - Canada Day

I stayed in the room and hid from those lethal flowers til 11.00am to give myself optimum recovery time. It did the trick and I felt much better so we headed down for breakfast which was the best breakfast and the cheapest of the trip so far, bonus. By the time we had finished and got ourselves gathered together it was getting into the afternoon so we stayed in the town but up at the campsite. There wasn't any room as it was Canada Day so the owner let us camp under some trees to the side of the site for free. This made up for paying for the Inn the previous night. We went swimming in the lake as it was a scorching hot day. Fort Qu-Appelle isn't my place, in the lake I stepped on a sharp rock and cut the bottom of my foot. Luckily i had Agnes to the rescue once again as she managed to get the dirt from the cut and bandage it up. When we leave this town I'll have to do a bit of running around for Agnes I think.
As it was Canada day there were fireworks at the campsite and general party time.
Hopefully we will get a move on tomorrow as we thought we woupld be in Manitoba by now.

No comments: